Thursday, July 12, 2007

Using Wikispaces in Education (Report 1)

I've been having some difficulty finding some resources to use with elementary kids! Although there are a ton of great resources for teachers and classrooms, I've been looking for something I can use in my elementary library. The first on I've seen is Wikispace. This is a simple web page that groups, friends and family can edit together. You can provide links and information. This would work for my little guys! My thought would be to have my Wikispace bookmarked so the kids could access it easily. It could be used as a place to post links for them to use, as seen here on MY LIBRARY WIKISPACE. I have just gotten started, but there are links for Harry Potter, book sites, and math game sites. Another idea would be for kids to write and post book reviews, like an online chat I participated in through a literature class. I really love to see kids recommending books to other kids so whenever I find an easy-to-use format I will jump at it. A third use would be to keep kids updated on what assignments need to be completed for ITLS class. Since I will be teaching 8 sections of technology classes, kids I only see once a week, this could be a commonplace to stay current and post announcements.

No comments: